TERMS OF SERVICE
|TERMS OF SERVICES
By commissioning me, you agree to have read and understood the terms of service provided below.
All artwork is made and provided digitally, unless otherwise discussed.
I accept both personal and commercial commissions.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process, when doing so, please provide me with as much information as possible and I will try to reply back to you within 24 hours (I usually don't reply over the weekends).
Try to include as much information as possible, like the type of project, desired style, details (single character linework/lined shaded/full shaded, portrait, bust, waist up, full body / background or no background / complex illustration(s) etc, the more detailed the better), also include visual references (if you have them), how you intend to use the illustration (Personal or Commercial uses) and any possible deadline that may apply.
• If you have a deadline and in order to ensure a timely delivery, I ask that you contact me at least two weeks prior to your deadline for 1 character illustrations, a month prior for complex illustrations, and at least two months prior for projects including multiple illustrations; otherwise a rushed deadline fee may apply.
I will respond with whether I am free to accept your commission and a price quote. If I am unable to take on your commission at the moment, we can agree for you to be put on the waiting list and be contacted as soon as my queue frees up.
I reserve the right to decline a commission as I deem fit but you will be notified if I do decline your commission.
Based on your provided description and references I begin creating a sketch or sketches that I will send over for you to approve, at this time you must point anything that needs changing (doing so later in the process might result in additional charges depending on the complexity of the changes).
• Once the sketch has been approved I begin working on the final Lineart, Coloring/painting processes.
(You will be given an update on each stage, the more complex the illustration the more work in progress updates I will send to keep you up to date on the process.)
• When I deem a commission completed, I will send you a watermarked low resolution final proof version of the work for a final inspection. After that I will invoice you for the other 50% of the agreed upon quote (including the cost of any potential additional changes that might have occurred later in the process).
• Once I have received the funds I will send you a full resolution 300dpi JPG or PNG of the work.
(usually the file size is 3000x5000 pixels unless specified before in the project description).
• I accept PayPal and Wise (Transferwise) transfers. Rates are described in $ (US Dollars).
• If the commission is accepted, a 50% down payment of the agreed upon quote is required to begin the work process, and the other 50% upon the completion of the commission.
• Any additional charges or fees added to the commission must be paid before delivery of the final work.
If for some reason you don't have access to PayPal or would prefer a different method, please notify me so we could find a solution.
You may cancel a commission at any point during the process for any given reason.
However, if the sketching process started, the initial 50% deposit is non-refundable. If you paid in full at the beginning a 50% refund can be issued, and a full refund if no work has been started yet.
You may no longer cancel a commission once it has been deemed completed and no refunds will be given once the commission is done.
• Personal commissions: I retain full rights of the image or images I create as well as the designs if created by me, commissioners retain the rights to their character's, stories and designs (if provided).
Commissioners will have the rights for personal use only and are able to share and post the work online as long as it's not for financial gain and provide credit to the work with "GlenFX Art" and a link to any of my social media pages.
• Commercial commissions: By accepting and charging your commission as a commercial one, we will arrange the use of the artwork in a way that is discussed and agreed upon, complete with a statement/contract that confirms the copyright transfer.
The details of projects can vary significantly, so please inquire for a specific quote for your particular project at email@example.com There are many factors that affect the price, usually related to the level of detail and/or complexity, as well as copyright transfers for commercial commissions.